Yes, this recipe for peanut butter cookies is another one of my moms. It’s a classic, just not one the kids can take to school, which royally sucks. How so many kids can be allergic to peanuts that its BANNED from schools is beyond me! Anyways, here’s the recipe, I hope you like it as much as I do! (Oh, and my dog. Henry LOVES peanut butter cookies!)
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1. Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Make sure the butter is room temperature.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda together in another bowl and mix. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, otherwise you’ll have flour flying all over your kitchen.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and place on Silpat. The dough will be quite soft.
5. Squish them flat with a fork. The fork or may not need to be dipped in water or flour or else it’ll stick. Try it out first and see!
6. Place the Smarties on top of the cookies. You can mix them into your dough as well if you prefer.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden and VOILA! You have the best peanut butter cookies in the world. *I would check them after 8 minutes though. I found men were done faster than expected this time, but that could be because I’m using a new oven.
***I ran out of Smarties so I just mixed in about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips in.